The sixth official title update for FC 24 has been announced by EA, and it’s a big one!
Just in time for the holiday season, EA have prepared the biggest update to date for their flagship football title that brings a series of enhancements and new features to its Ultimate Team mode and gameplay.
Title Update #6 introduces a plethora of changes, ranging from 94 new player items and over 100 star head updates to gameplay adjustments that might not be appreciated by everyone. Some of those adjustments include the nerfing of Finesse Shot, Finesse Shot+, Power Header, Power Header+ playstyles and the Controlled (R1) Sprint. Moreover, the goalkeeper speed has been decreased, a change according to EA aimed to balance the gameplay and allow forwards to score more goals.
Other notable gameplay changes include reduced midfield congestion and sideline pressure on attackers and more offensive minded wingbacks in 3 and 5 at the back formations. These changes will affect most of the FC 24 custom tactics shared by the community, and might also influence a great deal of custom gameplay sliders.
For the full patch notes, please check the list below:
- More Offensive Minded Wingbacks: AI teammate wingbacks in 3 and 5 at the back formations now track back slower. This change aims to enhance the authentic attacking nature of these formations, allowing wingbacks to support offensive plays more effectively. [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only]
- Reduced Midfield Congestion: Strikers and wide midfielders will be less aggressive in marking central attackers. This adjustment is intended to reduce congestion in central midfield areas, facilitating smoother passing plays and enhancing tactical variety in attacking through the center. [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only]
- Reduced Sideline Pressure: The defensive team’s pressure on players along the sidelines has been significantly lowered. This modification is designed to give attackers more space and passing options when facing high defensive pressure on the sidelines. [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only]
- Decreased Goalkeeper Movement and Positioning Speed: Goalkeepers now move slower when manually positioned and hold their final position briefly before returning to normal. This change aims to balance the gameplay, allowing attackers to capitalize on the goalkeepers’ positioning mistakes.
- Finesse and Finesse+ Playstyle Adjustments: Accuracy of finesse shots by players with Finesse and Finesse+ PlayStyles has been slightly reduced. This update addresses the previous overeffectiveness of these shots, aiming to reduce unrealistic goal scoring.
- More Authentic Controlled Sprint Speed: The top speed during Controlled Sprint has been slightly reduced to better mirror real-world player movement. This change seeks to maintain the effectiveness of using Controlled Sprint to exploit space while ensuring a more authentic match flow.
- Power Header and Power Header+ Playstyle Adjustments: Accuracy of header shots by players with Power Header and Power Header+ PlayStyles has been significantly reduced. This adjustment aims to balance the effectiveness of these players in air, reducing unrealistic goal scoring and aligning better with real-world football dynamics.
For more in-depth details on these gameplay changes, please check the official pitch notes from EA developers.
The update also addressed the following gameplay issues:
- In some situations following a kick off, the defending team did not always track attacker runs appropriately.
- Sometimes, a tackling defender’s leg could have gone through the ball, resulting in an incorrect foul call.
- Sometimes, players without the Intercept and Intercept+ PlayStyles could have incorrectly triggered slide interceptions animations exclusive to those PlayStyles.
- Addressed further instances of slide tackles resulting in the ball unintentionally falling back to the attacker.
- In some cases, a Precision Ground Pass intended for a nearby teammate could have ignored them for a teammate that was in the same direction, but further away.
- In certain situations goalkeepers did not attempt to save penalty kicks aimed at the middle of the goal.
- When the ball was traveling at a high speed, players could have had an unintentional amount of ball control when attempting to control the ball with their head.
- Improved referee logic when determining red card advantage calls.
- Improved referee logic when determining offside calls following deflections.
- Goalkeepers did not always use enough power when automatically kicking the ball in order to avoid the 6 second violation.
- CPU AI goalkeepers could have underpowered their drop kicks at times.
- Some physical tackle animations did not play correctly.
- Sometimes a seal out could have occurred after the ball carrier already passed the ball.
- When receiving a red card, sometimes a scene of the referee giving a yellow card occurred instead.
- Player Item Additions and Updates: The Holiday Update for EA SPORTS FC 24 introduces new player items and star head updates in Ultimate Team. Title Update #6 adds 94 Player Items, including familiar faces like Santi Cazorla, Adama Traore, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Sergio Ramos.
- New Special Player Items:
- Player Moments Adama Traore: This item represents Traore as a right wing-back (RWB) with unique PlayStyles (Quick Step+, Flair, Rapid) to enhance the dynamic role of wingbacks.
- Radioactive Ismaël Bennacer: The update makes deep-lying playmakers more viable, with Bennacer’s item featuring as a central defensive midfielder (CDM) with Tiki Taka+, Pinged Pass, and Incisive Pass PlayStyles for better attack orchestration and possession control.
Star Heads and Other Additions
- Star Head Updates: Over 102 player star heads and 6 managers have been updated for improved likeness, enhancing the authenticity of the game. Players like Gregor Kobel and managers such as Luis Enrique are among those updated. These star heads will become visible following a Squads Update.
- Refreshed Main Menu: The main menu background in FC 24 has been refreshed with a holiday theme, featuring snow, cold breath effects, and players in winter kits during December. In January, this will change to a rain weather theme.
- New Diogo Jota Celebration: A new signature celebration for Diogo Jota, the Triangle celebration, which is an homage to the EA SPORTS FC logo, has been added to the game.
- Added the eEuros XI team to Kick off and Online Friendlies which will become available following a squad update.
- Updated some UI elements, out-of-match scenes, kits, and Career Mode activities, 2D portraits, banners, scarves, flags, and audio.
- Centurion ICONs bios could have incorrectly displayed Base ICON bios.
- The News UI did not always display correctly.
- Squads with the Carlos Tévez Manager Item could not have entered matches.
- Addressed instances of Playoffs matches not always being counted correctly in Clubs.
- Addressed instances of various Skill Game issues impacting areas such UI elements, scoring systems, and camera positioning.
- Addressed instances of stability issues that could have occurred.
- [PlayStation 5 Only] In some scenarios, adaptive triggers could have become enabled unintentionally.
The update is now available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.